Technological advancements and also the invention and development of computer age have brought a lot of benefits both to business owners and also the consumers. One of the significant and evident benefits of technology is the fact that one is able to scan paper documents, no matter what type they are. These can be photos or even documents that have very important information. In order for scanning to take place effectively one needs to have a good scanner, a printer and a computer. Best scanners enable one to scan and be able to keep a copy of digital photographs and also documents among other important things. No two scanners can be the same, therefore one need to know what is the purpose and type of scanner they want.
Best Scanners Table Comparison In 2017
|Canon CanoScan 9000F MKII||9600 x 9600dpi||8ppm||USB||N/A|
|Epson WorkForce DS-860||600 x 600dpi||65ppm||Ethernet||80|
|Panasonic KV-S1027C||600 x 600dpi||45ppm||USB||100|
|HP Officejet 7612||1200 x 1200dpi||33ppm||Ethernet, Wi-Fi||35|
|Brother ADS1500W||600 x 600dpi||18ppm||USB, Wi-Fi||20|
Features of the best scanners 2017
Before settling for a given scanner, a potential buyer should carry out an investigation on the types, features, connecting and what models of scanners are considered most popular. The following are the important features of a scanner that one should look at before purchasing one.
1. Scanner sensors
The scanner sensor has the ability to convert the light reflected off of the image the image that has been scanned into a digital image. Image sensor works to determine the image quality. The three types of sensors used in scanners include: Photomultiplier tubes, Contact Image Sensor and Charge Coupled Device.
This refers to the quality of image the scanner is able to produce based on the number of pixels it can sample. Scanner resolution is measured in Dots Per Inch (DPI) or Pixels Per Inch (PPI). The higher the resolution that a scanner has the more detailed image it is able to produce.
Bit-depth refers to the number of bits that the scanner is able to pick up from the pixels of the image when scanned. It is also the one that determines the colors a scan produces. Scanners with low bit-depth produce low quality black and white scans. Best scanners have higher bit-depths.
4. Dynamic range
This particular feature of a scanner bases on the range of colors the scanner is able to capture. True colors can only be captured when the scanner has a higher dynamic range.
5. Scanning area
This means the size of the document that a scanner can comfortably accommodate. Sheetfed scanners can accommodate any size of document. This is not the case with flatbed scanners.
6. Scanning speed
Scanners that have high quality resolution are generally slow in scanning as compared to scanners with low quality resolution.
Benefits of having best scanners 2017
Having a scanner in your office or home has a number of benefits. These benefits include:
- Scanners have the ability to produce higher quality images, photos graphics and also designs as opposed to fax machines.
- Scanners are very reliable as they don’t require a phone line for the image to be produced. This is the case of a fax machine.
- Scanners are environmentally friendly as they store documents in digital copies that can be shared through emails. This reduces the need of paper copies to be used thereby saves on the environment.
- Scanners are very easy to use especially those that are built into multi-function printers.
- Having best scanners help to reduce the risk of losing important documents as they are stored in digital form and can be retrieved easily.
- Using scanned documents saves on time that could be wasted manually searching for stored or filed document copies.
- Scanned documents save on office space since they are stored in digital form.
- In case of a disaster in the office such as fire or floods, it is easier to retrieve a document that had been scanned especially if it was send into a person’s email.
Best scanners 2017 are very suitable in many offices and also homes as they save on space. They are also suitable in ensuring that your documents are safe as compared to when they are physically filed. With scanners, it is also easy to retrieve your documents faster. Some of the best scanners available on Amazon include: Fujitsu ScanSnap document scanner, Canon Office products Color image Scanner. There are many more models and brands available depending on your preference and budget. Hurry and get one that will suit your budget and needs.